List of Locations
- Wiyangji (위양지) – Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart of Ryeo (달의 연인: 보보경심 려) and more
- Ahopsan Forest (아홉산 숲) – The King: Eternal Monarch (더 킹: 영원의 군주) and more
- LCT Tower – Now, we are breaking up (지금, 헤어지는 중입니다)
- Jeonju Hyanggyo (전주향교) – The Red Sleeve (옷소매 붉은 끝동) and more
- Jeonju Hanok Village (전주한옥마을) – My Roomate is Gumiho (간 떨어지는 동거) and more
Wiyangji (위양지), Miryang, Gyeongsangnamdo
This beautiful pavilion and pond are the filming place for “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart of Ryeo (달의 연인 – 보보경심 려).” Lee Joon-gi and Lee Ji-eun (IU) starred in this Korean drama. The Movie, ‘My Brilliant Life (두근두근 내인생)‘ featuring Song Hye-gyo and Kang Dong-won, was also filmed here.
- KTX: Busan Station to Miryang Station (밀양역) > Local Bus: Transfer to 4 Daehang 4 (4대항4) or 4 Toero 7 (4퇴로7) > Get off at Yeongpo (영포) bus stop > Walk about 750m (½ mile)
- Free Parking Available
- Address: 294, Wiyang-ri, Bubuk-myeon, Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea
Ahopsan Forest (아홉산숲), Gijanggun, Busan
If you are a fan of beautiful greens, Ahopsan Forest in Gijang is a perfect place for you. This stunning bamboo forest with over 100-year history was featured in many Korean movies and Kdramas including The King: Eternal Monarch (더 킹: 영원의 군주), Kundo: Age of the Rampant (군도: 민란의 시대), Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, and more.
- Metro: Line 1 (Orange Line), Get off at Nopo station (노포/134), Exit 1 > Bus: Transfer to Village Bus Gijang-gun 2-3 > Get off at Midong maeul (미동마을/Midong village) bus stop
- Parking available
- Hours: 9a.m. – 6p.m. (Last admission 5p.m.)
- Closed: Mondays
- Admission: ₩5,000
- Website: Ahopsan Bamboo Forest (Korean only)
- Phone: +82 51-721-9183
- Address: 37-1, Midong-gil, Cheolma-myeon, Gijang-gun, Busan
LCT Tower (엘시티), Haeundae Beach, Busan
This newest attraction on Haeundae Beach was a filming stage for the recently aired Korean drama, ‘Now, we are breaking up (지금, 헤어지는 중입니다),’ featuring Song Hye-kyo and Jang Ki-yong. I am quite sure the location will show up in many Korean TV shows and movies from now on. You can read more about X The Sky on my post here.
Jeonju Hyanggyo (전주향교), Jeonju, Jeollabukdo
Jeonju Hyanggyo was an educational center during Joseon Dynasty and it is one of the most well-preserved historic sites in South Korea. Thanks to its originality and authentic atmosphere, many Korean dramas and Korean movies were filmed here including very recently aired ‘The King’s Affection (연모)‘ and ‘The Red Sleeve (옷소매 붉은 끝동).’ The list doesn’t end there. ‘Love In The Moonlight (구르미 그린 달빛)‘, ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal (성균관 스캔들)‘, ‘Princess Hours (궁)’, and ‘YMCA Baseball Team (YMCA 야구단)‘ are on the list as well. See more pictures of Jeonju Hyanggyo here on my other post.
Jeonju Hanok Village (전주 한옥마을), Jeonju, Jeollabukdo
The largest traditional hanok village in South Korea has been the stage for several Korean TV dramas and movies including ‘My Roommate is Gumiho (간 떨어지는 동거).’
Map of Fliming Locations of Korean Dramas and Movies
More locations will come soon. Bookmark this page to check it out later.
Do you want to see more places in South Korea? See the list of destinations.
Are you interested in studying in South Korea? See the introduction to studying in Korea.
Are you a foodie for Korean Cuisine? Let’s take a look at the list of Korean food.